#JobInterviews – Today I read a good article about questions that might come up during a job interview for a product management position – in this case at HyperScience. It doesn’t matter if you’re actively looking for a new job or not: these questions help you reflect on your experience as a Product Manager. And you should better have some good answers ready for them!
Today’s source is a Medium article called „How to Win the HyperScience Product Manager Interview“ by Product Gym. You can find it here:
The Key Learnings
Today’s key learnings are:
- New source for PM articles: Product Gym
- Interviews focus on your: communication, collaboration, organization and analytical skills and
- the experiences/stories they are based on.
- Know your expertise and of the people you’re working with: UX/UI, technological basis of your products and market principles.
I do shamelessly copy and paste the most valuable content of my daily dose of Product Management news here – or as I would rather call it: showing respect by quoting and detailed documentation.
HyperScience Product Manager Interview Questions Round 1
- What kind of career opportunities are you looking for at our company?
- Can you tell me about a project you designed from scratch or a product that you had to control its launch and its marketability?
- What experience do you have with tech companies?
- How do you keep your team aligned? Are you the sole Product Manager or do you work with a group of Product Managers?
- What are some of your best practices when it comes to collaborating and communicating with developers?
- Can you give me an overview of your background?
- What are you looking for in your next role?
- What do you know about HyperScience and the industries it works in and with?
- What do you know about UI/UX design concepts and principles?
- Are you familiar with machine learning methods and technologies?
- Do you have experience in enterprise software management or in related fields?
- What type of analytical software are you familiar with?
- Have you had success in any of your previous efforts in increasing performance?
HyperScience Product Manager Interview Questions Round 2
- How would you manage a Product Management team? How would you manage local and remote engineering and/or tech teams?
- How would you increase the efficiency of your development team?
- What are the tools you would use to ensure our product will succeed?
- If you come about an early delay in one of your milestones, what would you do?
- Describe a situation when you had conflicting responsibilities in a project and how you handled it.
- How would you describe our products and what do you think we can change in our current Product Management Strategy?
- What would you do if someone came to you wanting to know about our software and its applications in the work field?
- How would you build a product management plan around our product?
- What are your experiences dealing with users and handling their concerns and questions?
- Have you done projects that were intended to gather user requirements from a number of various sources and built a compelling product vision?